Terms and Conditions of Sale
Please make sure that you read, understand, and accept these terms and conditions before trading in your device with us. You should be aware that by registering your trade-in on our site, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1.How the contract is made.
We accept trade ins from residents within the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland only.
The contract will begin once you have submitted your trade-in request on our website and received your confirmation email.
It is important to understand that you must have full ownership of the gadget that you are wishing to trade, and by trading with us you confirm this.
You may cancel this contract with us at any time, up to the time when you send us your gadget – this is your cooling off period.
When cancelling this contract during the cooling-off period, you do not need to give us any reasons and you will not have to pay any fees.
The gadget we receive must meet our terms and conditions; if it doesn’t then we reserve the right to cancel this contract with you.
Once we receive the device, the contract can no longer be cancelled other than if it fails to meet our terms and conditions.
Once we receive your device and issue your payment then its ownership will pass solely to us and cannot be returned under any circumstances.
If the gadget is later found to be reported as lost or stolen, becomes network barred or blacklisted, then we reserve the right to pursue you for full reimbursement for our losses and may involve the authorities to investigate further to commence possible criminal proceedings.
By trading with us on our site you are confirming that:
- You are resident in Great Britain or Northern Ireland.
- You are legally capable of entering into a contract.
- You are at least 18 years old or if you are under 18 years of age, that you have obtained your parent or guardians consent to trade in your gadget with us.
- You have full ownership rights of the gadget you are trading.
- By trading with us you or your parent/guardian releases GadgetReclaim of any liability of any kind.
Please check carefully that your device meets our criteria below. Devices which do not meet this criteria will be subject to a revised offer. Return postage is payable by the customer.
- Must be the make and model which was registered.
- Must be free from any activation locks or other security features that prevent the device from being set up by another user. (Devices should be factory reset via the settings menu and not using button combinations).
- Must be fully working to use the way it was intended by the manufacturer.
- Must not be modified, rooted, jailbroken or have the software tampered with in any way.
- Must have a fully working, original or a genuine OEM replacement touch screen and must not be lifting.
- Screen must be free from damage, including (but not limited to) cracks, screen burn, pressure marks, white spots, discolouration, delamination, screen bleeds, dust under screen, heavy scratches (Light scratches acceptable), or any other form of screen damage.
- Battery must be included and be in good health.
- Must charge without the need for the charger to be held in place.
- Must not have any cracks, chips or missing parts.
- Must not be bent.
- Must include any stylus’, port covers, sim trays etc (where applicable)
- Must not be liquid damaged or show any signs or liquid damage (eg. indicators must not be activated).
- Fitness Trackers and Smart Watches must include their strap and charger.
- Nintendo Switch – must include all cables, Joy-Cons, straps and docking station.
- Any devices which don’t use a standard smart phone charger must include a charging cable (consoles, laptops etc)
- Personalised devices – Devices which are personalised with engraving, lasering etc (or where personalisation has been removed in a way that has left damage in its place, ie by scratching it off) will incur a 20 percent reduction from the original price quoted – upto a maximum of £20. This will be automatically applied without prior notice.
Devices which do not meet the above criteria will be subject to a revised offer.
Points to Note
- You are solely responsible for cancelling any contracts or payment plans for the device you are selling. We will not be held responsible for any misuse, however caused.
- Your SIM and Memory cards should be removed before sending your device to us. If these are not removed, we will dispose of them but please be aware that cannot be held responsible for any sensitive data falling into the wrong hands as a result of these not being removed,
- Please remember that by sending your device to us, you are releasing us from any claims, losses, or damages in respect of this gadget. It is your responsibility to ensure your personal information is removed from the device prior to sending it to us. We will not be held responsible for any damages caused by your data falling into the wrong hands.
Apple Activation Locked & Samsung Reactivation Locked Devices
All devices should be free from activation locks.
Where we receive an item with an Apple Activation Lock or Samsung Reactivation Lock, we will contact you with instructions on how to remove it remotely and advise of the 21 day deadline to do so.
You will need to confirm when the lock has been removed and we will test the device again. If the lock is removed, we will test and process as normal.
If the lock is still active, we will let you know and repeat the process within the 21 day deadline window.
Should you be unable to remove it remotely you can opt to have the device returned at cost.
In the event that we receive no contact from you, the device will be processed without payment after 21 days.
Google Factory Reset Protection (FRP)
The Google FRP Lock cannot be removed remotely. Where we receive an FRP Locked device, we will send a revised offer of £0 with the option to have the device returned at cost, if no response is received within 7 days the device will be recycled.
Returns and Revised Offers
Where we receive a device which does not meet our criteria, we will email you a revised offer. You will be directed to log in to your account to confirm whether you wish to accept the revised offer or have the device returned. Return Postage Fee is chargeable at £5. Any additional accessories such as chargers, accessories or boxes are seperated upon arrival. In the event of your device being returned to you, these cannot be returned.
Should you accept the revised offer, your order will be processed as normal at the revised amount.
Should you reject the offer, we will return your item within 3-5 days of returns postage payment being made.
Should we not receive any response to a revised offer within 7 days then your order will be automatically processed at the revised amount.
Where there are multiple devices on an order, only the devices with revised offers will be returned, any devices which are not revised will be paid as normal.
Returns are subject to a return fee of £5. This is to cover return postage.
Postage & Packaging
We offer Royal Mail Tracked 48 as our Freepost option. Once your trade in is registered, you will receive an email with instruction on how to create your pre-paid label. The label will need to be printed and attached to your parcel. If you do not have access to a printer, the Post Office can print this for you using the QR code which you’ll receive after creating your label.
You should post this parcel at a post office and ensure you receive a Proof of Postage receipt (this is for your insurance purposes in case you need to make a claim for loss or damage).
Your gadget should be packed securely and in such a way to minimize damage to it in transit. Batteries must be inside the device.
Our Freepost option is insured by Royal Mail for loss or damage up to the value of £100.
You can send multiple devices/trade ins in the same package.
If your device(s) is/are worth more than £100 then we recommend you send it via Royal Mail special delivery or equivalent service. This covers loss or damage for up to £750. We do not cover the cost of this service and this is entirely optional to you.
We do not accept responsibility or liability for non-delivery of phones or damage in transit en route to us. We strongly recommend that you send any high-value gadgets via a registered postal service with adequate compensation cover in case of loss or damage.
Our Pricing Structure
The prices on our website are subject to change at any time and without notice.
We will honour the price we quoted you for 14 days which gives adequate time to send your gadget to us.
If we receive your device outside of the 14 day guarantee window, any price changes to your device will automatically be applied without notice. (The 14 day window begins when you register your Trade In).
Payments are made via Bank Transfer or PayPal. You will be required to select your preferred option during the checkout process and ensure all details are entered correctly. We cannot under any circumstances recall or reissue payments once they have been made if you have provided incorrect details.
Once payment has been made, devices cannot be returned under any circumstances as stated above once payment is made ownership passes solely to us.
Payments are made within 1 working day of receiving your device provided it meets our criteria. (Monday – Friday, excluding public holidays).
Lost, Stolen or counterfeit Mobile Phones and Devices
When we receive a device, we will check the IMEI and/or the Serial number of the gadget on the GSMA database. GSMA is a recognized database of information on electronic devices. We will perform checks to see if any gadget is registered as lost, stolen, or network barred. If a gadget is found to have a record that indicates it has been lost or stolen or we become aware of any other issue relating to its ownership at any stage, then we will notify you by email and quarantine the gadget for a period of 28 days. Payment for any gadgets showing any RED flags or adverse data by GSMA will be held by us until the flag has been removed.
Selling a gadget which you do not own or have legal rights to sell may result in a criminal conviction if criminal action is taken against you.
In the circumstances laid out above, you will be required to contact GSMA or the network provider of the device to prove that you are the rightful owner of the gadget and have the flags against the gadget removed or corrected. This must be done within the 28 days that the gadget is in quarantine.
If the gadget is cleared on the GSMA database then your payment will be processed and paid for as normal.
If however, the gadget is not cleared on the GSMA database within the 28 day period, we are required by law to hold onto the gadget or pass it to the Police or other law enforcement or local authority or dispose of it, by accepting this contract you are expressly agreeing to such actions being taken if so needed.
The legislation in the UK is quite clear and states that we cannot under any issue payment or return any gadget which is lost or stolen or recorded as such.
If we have already paid you for a gadget we received and become aware of any issues regarding its ownership, you agree to immediately fully reimburse us for the gadget. We will write to you by email and/or letter requesting this.
If at any time we become aware of any ownership issues, then you agree to fully cooperate with us in an attempt to resolve these. You also agree to be contacted by the police if such action is deemed necessary to be taken. Counterfeit or fake items that are identified can not be returned and no payment can be made. These will be disposed of or passed to the relevant bodies for investigation.
This website is owned and operated by Kanda-Gadgets Ltd
63/66 Hatton Garden, Fifth Floor Suite 23, London, England, EC1N 8LE
PO Box 1428, Sunderland, SR5 9RX